Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blueberry Smoothie-Lactose Free and Vegan


I don't know about you, but I have been slacking recently in terms of nutrition.  In Italy I ate tons of vegetables, but once back in the States I became very lazy, I started eating tons of grains and little fresh vegetables.  I want to eat healthier to feel better, and I also decided that I was drinking way too many cappuccinos, which filled me up and prevented me from eating a good breakfast, not to mention the overload of caffeine.  I stocked up on organic frozen blueberries and decided to drink a smoothie every morning.  I use coconut milk to avoid lactose, and to make it denser I add a banana.  Sounds good?  You can add a scoop of protein powder to make it even more nutritious. 

What is your favorite healthy breakfast?

Blueberry smoothie

1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup coconut milk
1 medium banana
2 TBS maple syrup

Blend everything in your blender until smooth.  Drink at once.

2 comments:

Susan/Wild Yeast said...

This looks great! I never thought of using coconut milk. I use almond milk (unsweetened) and that's pretty good, too.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A delicious drink, I'm sure!

Cheers,

Rosa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails