Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Spreding the Gratitude and a Recipe for Zucchini Bread


Jill of Jillicious Discoveries surprised me with a "one lovely blog" award. I am relatively new as a blogger, but have been reading many blogs for a long time. I find the blogging community so amazingly talented, and one day I hope to meet some of the people I have gotten to "know" through their blogs. Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting Jill during one of her trips to the Bay Area where she once lived. I was surprised when I realized that I felt like I had known Jill for a long time. If it hadn't been for her two friends who joined us for dinner, we would have talked dessert non stop. Jill is very bubbly and super nice, she loves what she does and she is very creative. Please visit her blog for fun posts and recipes.

To thank Jill for her recognition I am passing along the Zucchini Bread recipe she published in this post. Like Jill, and thanks to three gardens I was watering this past week, I now have too many zucchini to possibly use in our family, and some are huge so I knew something needed to be done (besides begging everyone I know to take some). Since I don't have a trusted recipe for zucchini bread I tried Jill's because it sounded great with not too much sugar, tons of zucchini and the nuttiness of the pecans. The recipe takes more time than a regular quick bread thanks to a step where you let the zucchini release some of their water, but in all the recipe was easy to execute. I actually ground the pecans almost to a flour since I know some picky eaters who hate nuts, but leaving the pecans in bigger pieces would have worked great as well. The resulting bread is very moist, not too sweet, and really yummy. I will be making more soon to give it away to the many people who make my life sweeter.

I am not sure who started this but the idea is to pass this award to thirteen other bloggers, so you can imagine how hard it was to choose with so many talented people out there. Some blogs are in Italian, but that is one of the many reasons I love them. Some bloggers I read have been given this award already so you know who you are, some others are already amazingly recognized that I feel too little to give them this award. I would like to extend the gratitude for all the amazing people that inspire me on a daily basis to the following bloggers:


Cindy of Cindy Star
Elena of Comida de Mama
Elra of Elra's Baking
Enza of Da Grande
Ilva of Lucullian Delights
Lien of Notitie van Lien
Natalia of Gatti Fili e Farina
Nicole of Pinch my Salt
Paoletta of Anice e Cannella
Rosa of Rosa's Yummy Yums
Simona of Briciole
Susan of Wild Yeast

11 comments:

Rose said...

Mmmmmm zucchini bread! Looks delicious!

natalia said...

Che sorpresa ! Ti ero venuta a salutare e.... grazie !!!

Jill @ Jillicious Discoveries said...

Thank you for your kind words, Laura! I really enjoyed that dinner in Oakland and getting to know you and I agree, it's like we've known each other forever! :) Your zucchini bread looks DELICIOUS!!

Lien said...

o wow this is such an honor!!You're an inspiration to me too!

It's a great coincidence too, cause I'm here to give you an award too (it just took me forever to get the post up!)
Have fun with it!
(http://notitievanlien.blogspot.com/2009/08/baking-again-cursed-again-and-award.html)

Jamie said...

I found your blog through Lien, and from your list I see that we have other blogging friends in common. Now I will spend some time discovering your blog and those that you shared. This zucchini bread is wonderful!

lisaiscooking said...

The zucchini bread with pecans sounds fantastic! Looks great with the zucchini flecks too.

Thanks so much for the award! You made my morning.

Simona Carini said...

Grazie carissima! E' imbarazzante ammettere che non ho mai provato a fare zucchini bread, nonostante adori le zucchine. Che sia la volta buona?

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for giving it to me XD! That's so nice of you!

That cake looks fantastic and so moist!

Cheers,

Rosa

ComidaDeMama said...

Grazie infinite per il premio e per le tue bellissime parole che ci hai dedicato. E' un onore, sul serio.
Pe per quanto riguarda il campiello del Remer, se non fosse stato per Elisabetta di panemiele, che ha appena pubblicato un libro sugli orti di Venezia e che la conosce come il palmo della sua mano forse non l'avrei trovato.

Zucchini bread is something I learnt when I lived in Boston. It's delicious, a real American comfort food.
I don't know if you were following the tv show The Big Bang Theory, season 1 and 2 (very soon season 3 will begin, I think is briliant). Even Sheldon ( a' beautiful mind', PhD, young theoretical physicst incapable to deal with normal day life and people) is offering banana and zucchini bread to his neighbourgh Penny as an excuse to start a conversation.
Sheldon: It's my understanding that an unsolicited gift of food can be a precursor to an impromptu invitation to come in and chat.
Penny: Sheldon, would you like to come in?
Sheldon: I suppose I could spare a few minutes.

Cindystar said...

Grazie, carissima, per questo lovely award!
Lo conserverò gelosamente con grande cura!
Have a nice Sunday!

p.s. sai che anche io mi sono segnata zucchini bread da provare prima o poi?

enza said...

eccolo l'ho trovato.
grazieee merci thanks.
:D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails