Friday, July 29, 2011

Venetian Sky

I had forgotten the beauty of the summer skies in Venice.   The Bay Area doesn't have the same clouds I have seen here in the last few weeks.  The weather has been really weird, chilly, with few storms that have brought unbelievable clouds.  I am not complaining since it can be really hot and unbearable in Venice, plus I can't complain about these views, can I?

And a little later, with the sun at a different angle, the light was completely different.  No matter how many times I have seen the view of Saint Mark's square and the Ducal Palace from the water,  it takes my breath away every time.

On a cute note...this is Thor, my friend Anna's dog, super shaggy and sweet.  Isn't he adorable?


Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Gorgeous skies!



Simona said...

No, you can't complain.
Yes, it takes my breath away too. I don't think one can get used to such a view.
We're having a rather normal summer here, with the fog keeping us nice and cool. Thanks for the photos :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails