Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rembering 9/11


It has been 10 years.  I still remember what I was doing when my father called me from Venice and urged me to turn on the tv.  I remember watching in disbelief the image of the airplane hitting the second tower, the first tower already in flame.  I watched in horror as people jumped to their death in desperation.  I stood stunned, holding my mouth not to scream.  How could few people hate so much to mastermind such an evil act? 

I felt like a zombie for days, not sure what to do.  For weeks I read every single obituary published in the New York Times, crying for the loss of lives and the pain of the people left behind.  What a senseless tragedy.

Life on this planet will never be the same, for the amazing chain reaction of events unleashed afterwards.  I don't know anyone who died on 9/11, but our good friend Daniel Pearl would probably still be alive if 9/11 hadn't happened.

Today I want to pay homage to everyone who lost their lives or had their life turned upside down that tragic day.

I also want to wish a Happy 50th Birthday to my good friend Piero, whose birthday falls on this sad day.
May peace on Earth prevail one day.

1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A very sad day indeed...

Cheers,

Rosa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails