Monday, December 1, 2014

Turkey and Kale Salad



At the risk of committing a heresy, I confess that I don’t like turkey meat.  I find it bland in taste, and always dry, this year's Thanksgiving leftovers were not different.  Despite my finicky taste buds, I wouldn’t want to waste any food, the turkey and the people who raised it deserve better.  This turkey salad used ingredients I had at home and used up the leftovers, it was delicious and very nutritious.  This is just a starting recipe, change the nuts or any of the other ingredients according to your taste.  I threw in some cut grapes towards the end and it was even better, chopped apples would work as well.

Leftover Turkey Salad 

2 cups chopped turkey leftovers
1 cup chopped Tuscan kale
2 stalks of celery, chopped fine
A handful of dried cranberries
A handful of walnuts, chopped
1 big spoon of mayonnaise
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Toss all the above ingredients and adjust the seasoning. 

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A scrumptious salad and lovely combination!

Cheers,

Rosa

Simona Carini said...

I think a lot of people agree with you, Laura. Nice, colorful and crunchy salad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails